Important Information for students
Students should come to school with proper and clean school uniforms. Every student is expected to look smart and clean in their school dress. School uniforms should be neat and tidy, and shoes should be well polished. However students may be allowed to sit in the class without proper school uniform if and when written permission is obtained from the school authority.
- Skirts: Black terry cotton skirts.
Only pleated skirts should be worn for school uniforms.
Skirts must cover from the navel down to the knee.
The size of pleats should be one inch and the size of hem two inches.
- Pants/Trousers: Black terry cotton pants/trousers and it should not be worn at low waist.
No tight fitting and extreme narrow bottom pants are not allowed.
- Shirts: White plain shirt with long sleeves.
- Shoes: Plain black Bata/Liberty shoes for boys and girls.
- Socks: Black plain socks, upto knee bend for girls and upto calf for boys.
- Belt: Black and white striped belt
Other than the compulsory School uniforms, the students can wear prescribed pull-over, muffler, sweater and Blazer, and school T-Shirt on Tuesday and Friday.
For the convenience of the students and consistency, all uniform and study materials will be made available in the School.
- Bleaching and colouring of hair for boys and girls.
- Boys’ cut for girls Spiky and fancy hair cut for boys.
- Applying of hair gel.
- Tattoos and body markings.
- Body piercing and making artificial moles on any part of the body.
- Use of cosmetics and ornaments.
- Smoking, use of drugs or intoxicating substances.
- Any form of Gambling.
- Disfiguring or damaging School property.
- Use of violence in any form setting up of organisation other than the organisation set up by the school authority.
- Obscene objects.
- Any other character or behaviour which may be deemed as disrespect to their fellow students and teachers.
- Bringing of Mobile phones and electronic Gadgets in the school.
- Medicines without permission of the school authority.
Penalisation: (as per Govt. Order)
First Offence – Imposition of fine upto ₹ 300/-
Second Offence – Imposition of fine upto ₹ 500/-
Third Offence – Expulsion
- Every student should maintain good attendance.
- Students are not allowed to leave the school during school hour with our prior permission from the School authority.
- If any student is absent, their parents/Guardians must report the matter to the class Teacher in person within three days from the day of absence.
- Absence for five or more consecutive days without informing the school authority may amount to striking off the student’s name from the roll.
- No leave letter or verbal information through telephone shall be entertained.
- Leave application by NGO, Church bodies etc regarding Camps, Sports, Social Work may not be considered
Winter: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Summer: 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
(The school timings are subjected to change as per govt. notification)
Rules & Guidelines
Definition: In these instructions unless the context otherwise requires:-
(a) “School” means The Mizo High School, Aizawl, Mizoram.
(b) “School Authority” means the responsible official of this particular school posted by the state Government.
(c) “Government” means Govt. of Mizoram.
(d) “Student” means children whose names are enrolled in the school register during each academic year till publication of promotion results.
(e) “Hol” Head of Institution.
(f) Class Teacher means a teacher in-charge of a particular class.
No discrimination among the student is allowed in any respect i.e. caste, religion, family back ground, and social status etc.
TATTOOS & BODY MARKINGS:
(i) Imprinting of tattoos on any parts of the body is strictly prohibited.
(ii) Body piercing and making artificial moles on any part of the body is strictly prohibited.
USE OF COSMETICS & ORNAMENTS:
(i) Students are not permitted to bring or decorate themselves with ornaments of any kind at school. This includes rings, toe-rings, necklaces, earings, bangles, chains, rouges, payals, bracelets, wristbands, etc.
(ii) Bringing and applying of cosmetics and make-ups of any kind is not permitted at school and hence strictly prohibited. This includes face powder, perfumes, lipsticks, eyebrows, eyeliner, kajal, nail-polish, colour lip-gloss.
All student should comply with the following rules and they should not be absent from class without the knowledge and permission of their parent/Guardians.
(i) Every Student should have good attendance.
(ii) Except with the previous permission of the school authority, no students should be absent from school except under unavoidable circumstances. Defaulters may be given consideration if they fulfilled provision no 7 (a) & (b) of these instructions.
(iii) In each and every absence of the student from the school, parent/Guardian must report the matters to the class master in person within three days.
(iv) Absence for five or more consecutive days without informing the school authority may amount to striking off the student’s name from the roll.
(v) No leave letter or verbal information through phone shall be entertained.
(vi) No leave application shall be considered if and when applied by NGO’s, church bodies etc for Camping, Games & sports Social Work etc.
Leave Provision :
Leave may be granted to the student on the following grounds:
(a) Whether the student is living in Hostel, Temporary rented house or permanent local resident, no letter of leave application from Hostel guardian/Religious institution/NGO’s/Club shall be entertained without prior permission of the student’s parent/guardian. The parent/local guardian is insisted to present the matter, in person, before the school authority, otherwise such student shall not be allowed to continue their classes.
(b) In the matter of absence due to unavoidable circumstances Parent/Local guardian of the student should report the reason(s) of absence for grant of leave to the school authority on or before the student is likely to resume his or her classes.
(c) Any medical treatment undergone by the student should be brought to the notice of the school authority accompanied by Medical Certificate/prescription issued by competent authority.
No student shall indulge in any of the following practices namely,
(a) Disfiguring or otherwise damaging any school property.(b) Smoking.
(c) Any form of gambling.
(d) Use of drugs or intoxicating substances excepts on prescription by a registered Medical practitioner only.
(e) Rowdyism and rude behaviour.
(f) Use of violence in any form.
(g) Setting up of organisation other than the organisation, set up under the school authority.
(h) Eating/chewing Gum etc in the class room except tiffin.(i) Modification of School uniform concerning its Colour and Design.
(j) Electronic Gadgets: Bringing and using of smart phones and its accessories or any other electronic gadgets such as pendrive, ipods etc. Unless prior permission is obtained from the school authority on exceptional cases
(k) Any other character or behavior which may be deemed as disrespect to their fellow students, Teaching and Non Teaching staff of this school.
(l) Lending or borrowing of money or other articles is strictly prohibited.
(m) Vehicles: Driving while in school uniforms by a student is not encouraged under any situation. Driving and bringing of vehicles such as two wheelers or cars by a student to school. This is mainly for safety measures and to avoid all kinds of evils which can crop up in the daily life of students.
(n) Tobacco: Consumption, bringing and possession of tobacco and other tobacco and Gutkha products such as Tiranga, Cigarettes, Zarda, Raja, Khaini, Baba, Supari, Betel nut etc.
(o) Obscene objects: Bringing obscene objects of any kind to the school in the form of cassettes, disc, literature, pictures, stickers, posters, stamps, books, magazines etc. which can spoil a child’s moral built up and character.
(p) Pocket money: Students should not carry pocket money exceeding ` 50/- unless absolutely necessary. If it exceeds `50/- he/she should submit it to the safe custody of their class teacher.
Students should come to school in proper and decent school uniforms. Every student is expected to look smart and clean in their school dress. School uniforms should be neat, tidy and shoes should be well polished.
a) Skirts (Black colour terri cotton)
(i) Only pleated skirts should be worn for school uniforms.
(ii) Skirt must cover from the navel down to the knee properly.
(iii) The size of pleats should be one inch. The size of the hem should also be at least two inches.
(iv) The skirt should be of equal length from waist to them.
(v) Outside and inside folds should be one inch each.
b) Pants/Trousers: (Black colour terri cotton)
(i) Wearing uniform pants at low waist is strongly disapproved and is strictly prohibited.
(ii) Extreme narrow bottom and bell-bottom pants is prohibited.
(iii) Fixation for bottom line of pants/trousers are mention below:
Height of boys Bottom measurement
i) Up to 5 13”
ii) From 5.1 – 5.6 14”
iii) Above 5.6 15”
c) Shirts : White (Plain) long sleeve. Shirts should be properly tucked inside at all times while dressed in school uniforms.
d) Shoes : Plain, intac shoes for boys and girls.
e) Socks : Prescribed socks (for girls upto knee bent and for boys upto the calf).
f) T-Shirt : Students must wear prescribed T-Shirt Uniform as scheduled by the school and it should always be tucked in.
g) Pullover : Prescribed Black pullover with white stripes.
h) Belt : Only prescribed uniform belt should be worn.
i) Sweater :Black sweater with white stripes (optional).
j) Blazer : Blazer has been introduced as optional
Students may be allowed to sit in the class without proper school uniform if and when written permission is obtained from the school authority.
(i) Bleaching and colouring of hair is strictly prohibited for both boys and girls. Only Black-dye may be permitted if and when circumstances demand.
(ii) Boy’s cut short hair is strictly prohibited for girls.
(iii) Girls should neatly tie their hair.
(iv) Fancy hair dress and styles of any kind is strictly prohibited.
(v) Applying of hair-gel of any kinds (super hard, water gloss, wet look etc) and over-oiling of hair is not encouraged and it should not be too dry either.
The following shall be the Minor and major penalties as disciplinary measures adopted by the school in dealing with all students-
(i) Late attendance
(ii) Absence from the class without permission
(iii) Absence due to illness of the student and family members, and undesirable incidents may be exempted from fines, but absence due to participation in programmes other than the school programmes is not acceptable. However, unauthorise absence shall be treated as truancy.
(iv) Truancy @ as decided by the staff committee/Head of Institution.
(v) Wilful damage to the school property: as decided by the/School authority.
(vi) Non-payment of fees, Fines and any other dues for 10 days after lapse of the appointed day(s).
(vii) Any offence of the school instruction(s).
Minor Disciplinary action for Violator/offender of the school Instructions
(i) Detention during break.
(ii) fine upto ₹ 300 (minor)
(iv) Social work(s)
Major Disciplinary for Violator/offender of the school Instructions
(i) Fine up to ₹ 500
(ii) Expulsion from the school
Note : Minor and Major offence shall be as clarified by the school authority.
- In case of infringement or breach of discipline as mentioned in any of these instructions if the school authority is satisfied that continuance of such student in the school is likely to be detrimental to the general tenor or discipline of the school, the school authority may take action as deemed fit and proper.
- Student should pay their fees & fines in time. However, the School authority may give consideration in deserving case(s) if applied for by the parent or guardian.
- In the interest of the student’s education Parent/Guardian/Student should follow the instructions made by the Head of Institution/teacher from time to time.
- The school shall, in no way be held responsible for any undesirable incidents beyond control and harmful to the student which may arise due to sports, Calamities, etc.
- Any action taken by the teacher which is considered by the parent/Guardian of the student, inappropriate and unlawful, should be brought to the notice of the head of institution for review and further necessary action.
- The head of institution, in the interest of the school, may issue instructions from time to time in relation to any matter, not covered by these rules as he may deem fit and proper.
- No student shall be allowed to be absent from school meetings or functions of any nature without the written permission of the school authority.
- No student should leave the class room without the permission of the headmaster/teacher.
- Students who have bad attendance will not be allowed to sit for the final examination. However the Head of institution, for special reason and on the recommendation of the class incharge concerned, may condone the deficiency in the attendance of the student.
- Students should not be in association with immoral elements of the society.
- Students should not leave their class rooms during change of periods unless permission given by the teachers under special case.
- Class captains should control their respective class room and should report accidental absence of teacher in their class after lapse of 5 minutes. He/She is responsible for the cleanliness of his/her class room and observation of silence.
- Parent/Guardian should turn up to the school if and when required by the Class Teacher/Headmaster, failing which shall amount to expose their child under appropriate provision of these rules.
- Each and every parent/guardian of this school student is required to accept the and signed the declaration laid down in the annexure II.
- Fees and Fines once submitted cannot be taken back or refunded except provisional admission fee which is also to be claimed within the fixed date and time notified from time to time.
- All parents/guardians are hereby informed to keep and abide by the school instructions, any infringement by a student on any provision of these instructions, no other warning shall be issued. All Parents/Guardian are informed that no excuse shall be entertained unless they were informed to meet the HoI or Class Teacher, as the case may be.
- Any student found breaking rules will be dealt with counselling and oral warning. Repeated breach of rules and code of conduct would lead to written warning, withdrawal of certain facilities, fine, detention, suspension and finally expulsions. All disciplinary measures are taken to inculcate positive attitude in behaviour and general conduct of the students.
- To get the best from the school for your child, parents/guardians are advised to maintain close contact with the school. We earnestly recommend that parents and guardian should look into their login at school website.
- Children will not be allowed to go home during school hours. Parents are requested not to fix any social hours. Parents are requested not to fix any social engagements or medical appointment during working hours.
- As the medium of instructions in the school is English, students should be helped to follow their work easily and intelligently by a certain amount of regular conversation in English at home.
- Tiffin: Junk Food items are not allowed for Lunch Pack.
- In the matter of disciplinary action against breaches of these instructions by any student No parents/guardians are allowed to make any excuse that they are ignorant of the school instructions.
- In any change of contact number, school authority should be informed without fail.
- If any difficulties arises in the interpretation of any of the provision of these instruction, the interpretation of the school authority shall be Final and binding.