OUR SCHOOL EVALUATION SYSTEM
In our school, we diligently follow the evaluation system set forth by the Mizoram Board of School Education (MBSE). The MBSE regularly revises its evaluation procedures. As most of us are aware, the MBSE currently incorporates the marks obtained by students in Terminal Examinations, Unit Tests, and Attendance. The maximum score for this component is 20 marks, which is then added to the marks earned in the Annual Promotion Examination, with a total possible score of 80, resulting in a cumulative score of 100. For further details, please refer to the Evaluation FAQs.
According to Integrated Evaluation Scheme booklet, Internal marks are divided into three areas: formal tests, assignments, and attendance. To get the score for formal tests, the average of the best two out of class tests, the first term examination, and the second term examination will be used. This will be 75% of the internal marks, or 15 marks. The remaining 25% (5 marks) will come from assignments and attendance. Assignments are worth 10% (2 marks), and attendance is worth 15% (3 marks). Attendance is important because it helps promote good health and regularity, which are important for overall development.
The integrated evaluation scheme is a comprehensive and well-designed system with a number of objectives that aim to create a more effective teaching-learning process. By making evaluation an integral component of it, students can better understand their progress and where they need to improve. This is particularly important because it allows teachers to identify weaknesses and adapt their teaching methods to suit different learning styles. Additionally, entrusting internal evaluation to the teachers concerned ensures that they are accountable and responsible for their pupils’ learning, which further enhances the quality of education.
One of the goals of the integrated evaluation scheme is to broaden the scope of evaluation so that it encompasses not only general academic skills but also diagnosis and remedial teaching. By broadening the scope of evaluation, teachers can more accurately identify areas for improvement and utilize remedial teaching methods to support their students. Overall, the integrated evaluation scheme is a vital tool for enhancing education practices and improving the overall quality of the teaching-learning process.